Friday, July 15, 2011

Old Episodes

Trying to pass the time, locked up in this room... watching the old episodes of Candle Cove on youtube.

Here's what I'm watching right now. This is a HUGE nostalgia trip. I really like this Greedy Gary guy. As far as I can tell, he's a one-shot character, only shows up in this episode, but he's got such a neat design. Like a lizard pirate. Too bad these puppets are so cheap. Skin Taker doesn't look threatening at all.

The girl who plays Janice is a REALLY bad actress.

.....OK, I paused to watch more and I spoke too soon. That scene around 7:34 when Skin Taker attacks Pirate Percy with a knife? That was creepy as hell. Then when Greedy Gary tried to steal the knife and... well, just watch it! Jesus, that is fucked up for a kid's show!

I mean, I get that greed is bad and all (Janice monologues about it nicely and anviliciously) but... Holy shit. His eyes! I'm sorry, but seeing people's eyes get injured just really unnerves me, even if they are cheap puppets.

Gonna keep watching this show. Hopefully I can avoid sleeping tonight. Avoid sleepwalking anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment