Friday, April 29, 2011

Wolf Spider

Heard Jess scream from the front door today. Big-ass wolf spider was sitting right on the railing leading down from the apartment. At least I think it was a wolf spider. Might have been a Nursery Web. They're very similar looking spiders. The main difference between the two is how they carry their eggs.

Actually, come to think of it, I think Nursery Webs mostly live in Europe, so it was probably a wolf. Generally harmless type of spider. They eat other insect, in fact, so they're good for people.

Anyway, Jess was freaking out and screaming at me to kill it, but I just couldn't do it. Instead I got it on a slip of paper and carried it down the steps and set it free in the cluster of trees nearby. That seemed to placate Jess well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment